BACK

Our History

Photovolt Instruments was incorporated on December 26th, 1939 in New York, New York. The company was located on 1115 Broadway in the heart of Manhattan. At the time, Photovolt’s main instruments included pH meters, colorimeters and polarimeters. Although the company has since changed ownership, the core values of Reliability, Accuracy and Convenience have stayed forefront. In 2001 Nicholas Jermihov, an experienced electrical engineer with an impressive background in the engineering industry, acquired Photovolt Instruments. Jermihov moved Photovolt to Minneapolis, Minnesota where it remains headquartered to this day.