Photovolt’s History

Photovolt Instruments was incorporated on December 26th, 1939 in New York, New York. The company was located on 1115 Broadway in the heart of Manhattan. At the time, Photovolt’s main instruments included pH meters, colorimeters and polarimeters. Although the company has since changed ownership, the core values of Reliability, Accuracy and Convenience have stayed forefront. In 2001 Nicholas Jermihov, an experienced electrical engineer with an impressive background in the engineering industry, acquired Photovolt Instruments. Jermihov moved Photovolt to Minneapolis, Minnesota where it remains headquartered to this day.

Photovolt Employees

Alex Hildreth

Alex Hildreth
President
BS, Food and Beverage Management from Art Institute International Minnesota

Ann Hildreth

Ann Hildreth
Vice President
BA, Communications from Loyola University

Nicholas Jermihov
Head of Research & Development
MS, EE from University of Illinois Chicago

John Nelson

John Nelson
Engineer- Repairs/Service
Holds Patents in Seismographs

Tou Yang

Tou Yang
Engineer
Saint Paul Technical Institute

Dr. Robert Pranis
Technical Support
BS, Chemistry from Clarkson University
PhD, Chemistry from Northwestern University

Lucy

Lucy

Mac

Macallan “Mac”
Security Guard